Tunic - The tunic was made by modifying and combining two different patterns, one for the body of the tunic and one for the sleeve. I used Simplicity's 5840 view D for the body. I modified the neckline of the body so that the tunic crossed over until my bust line then went straight down to my waist instead of it crossing over the entire way down to my waist line. The collar that runs along the neckline was reinforced with interfacing and pleated every few inches to give it a more "wavy" shape.
|Pleating the collar|
|Measuring the hem|
|Satin stitches seen on the coffee filter|
|Attaching the ruffle|
Sash - The sash was made with a white, gauzy curtain material. It frayed really badly so I ended up having to fray check the entire thing! Since the sheer width of the cut was huge (I would say between 2.5 - 3 m) I didn't have to piece anything together. I just sewed it up along the sides and the top, leaving just enough room to turn it inside out. I was lazy and I just sewed it shut with my machine rather than slip stitching it :P The entire thing was pressed using the synthetic setting on my iron.
Wig - Instead of spending money and time on buying and styling a new wig, I just reused my Sakura Kinomoto wig from last summer. Actually it was my intention to use it again :) They are essentially the same character anyways so it works out.
|Completed costume (photo by Cyberfox007)|