|Sewing the Tabard|
Shirt - We used a black crepe fabric to make the shirt. I folded the material and laid it down on the floor. I drew out the pattern on the fabric by folding one of his T-shirts in half and laying it along the fold line. I used chalk to mark it up and basically eyeballed the design, giving lots of room for seam allowance and length in the arms and shirt. I had to do this twice to get the front and the back parts of the shirt. After cutting out the basic pattern, I chalked out the neckline and cut that out. I made my first seam along the top part of the sleeves and the shoulders. Next, I sewed along the edge that started on the bottom of the sleeve all the way to the bottom length of the shirt. There was considerable editing with the side seams and much cutting of excess fabric. I cut and hemmed the sleeves, the neckline and the bottom of the shirt.
|Drafting the shirt|
Pants - I used the same black crepe for the pants as I used for the shirt. I used the pattern provided on this site http://www.reddawn.net/costume/drawstri.htm with some alterations with the measurements to meet my boyfriends needs.
|Drafting the pants|
Armour - We started on the shoulder and wrist armour first to get the right shape and size. We drafted out a few shapes on poster board and cut them out. Then we sized them up against my boyfriend to see which was the better template. We used that template to then cut out two pieces of poster board for each armour piece (eight pieces in all).
|Shoulder armour prototype|
|Painted shoulder armour|
|Putting the helmet together|